Month: January 2018
Due to the extreme weather conditions, HSI will be closed on Tuesday, January 16th. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 17th. Stay safe and warm!
It is flu season. Here are some tips and things to look out for:
1. Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs.
2. Flu-like symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people also may have vomiting and diarrhea. People may be infected with the flu, and have respiratory symptoms without a fever.
3. Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
4. While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
5. If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
6. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
7. Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
8. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
9. Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.