Dear HSI Parents & Guardians;
Harmony Public Schools Present: The Parent Academy on Saturday, March 3rd from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Harmony Science Academy High. The Parent Academy workshops will include:
- Cyber bullying and Social Media
- Harmony Software Training
- Positive Parenting Techniques
- Jobs & Employment Opportunities
All students will be taking a practice STAAR on February 22nd-February 27th.
- 2/22: 8th Grade Social Studies
- 2/23: 7th Grade Writing/8th Grade Science
- 2/26: All Grade Levels Math
- 2/27: All Grade Levels Reading
It is important that students get a good night sleep, eat breakfast and are on school on time for test days. We want each student to be well-rested and ready to be their very best.
Please join our sister school Harmony Science Academy Houston High as they host their annual STEM & Multicultural Festival/Arts Exhibit on Saturday, February 24th, 2018. This open house event is an opportunity for High School students to showcase projects they have researched and created through our #STEMSOS project-and inquiry-based learning (B&IBL) model. Their desire is to stimulate interest in all of our key stakeholders in the STEM areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Their campus will also be transformed into an exhibit hall visual art, cultural exhibits, artifacts, foods, and activities. Students groups will give a number of performances influenced authentically by world cultures.
They are located at 9431 W Sam Houston Pkwy S, Houston, TX 77099
Our gently used out of adoption Spanish and Turkish textbooks will be available for sale in the library during the Scholastic Book Fair (2/5-2/9). The start up price is $1. All funds will proceed to the purchase of new books for our school library. These are great resources for students and parents to have available at home.
Our Parent-Teacher Conference will be on Thursday, February 8th. Meetings with teachers will be from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please keep in mind these are a quick meeting with the teachers and are scheduled to last only 10 minutes. Please contact your student’s teachers regarding scheduling via e-mail.
The Scholastic Book Fair is here from Monday, February 5th- Friday, February 9th. Our book fair is located in the library and it is open to everyone from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Book fairs are a perfect opportunity to stock up on books for your student to read at home.
Can’t make it in person? Purchase your books through our online link: http://www.scholastic.com/bf/harmonyschoolofinnovation
All books purchased online will be delivered to your student’s classroom.
Dear HSI Parents & Guardians;
Due to missed school because of ice days in mid-January, our district has decided that we will make up on Monday, February 19th.
We appreciate your understanding.
It is flu season. Here are some tips and things to look out for:
1. Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs.
2. Flu-like symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people also may have vomiting and diarrhea. People may be infected with the flu, and have respiratory symptoms without a fever.
3. Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
4. While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
5. If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
6. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
7. Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
8. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
9. Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
Click on the following link for more tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksEjiDDaLu4
Due to continued extreme weather conditions, HSI will be closed on Wednesday, January 17th. Classes will resume on Thursday, January 18th. Stay safe and warm!